MyExcelsior is your customized portal to Excelsior College, allowing you to review, manage, and respond to all aspects of your Excelsior experience. Registration is free.
- Talk to Us. We re here to help. For general inquiries, Admissions, Office of Registration and Records, Examinations Test Administration Office, and the Center for Military and Veteran Education:
- Toll free: 888-647-2388
- International: +1-518-464-8500
- TDD: 518-464-8501
Financial Aid Office
- Toll free: 855-323-9235
Associates Degrees Nursing | Nursing Degrees, Programs | Distance – Excelsior College
Page Hero – Areas of Study- Nursing
AS / AAS Nursing: Intro
Associate in Nursing Degree Programs
Excelsior s associate programs in nursing are specifically designed for LPNs, LVNs, paramedics, and certain classifications of active duty military, National Guard, or Reserves within specific military occupations with equivalent scope of practice to LPN/LVN or paramedic.
Working nurses and health care professionals come to Excelsior because they want to earn an accredited degree through flexible online courses, online conferences, and/or credit by exam options.
Before applying, it s important that you read and understand all of the application requirements for this program. If you have any questions, contact your admissions counselor.
To be eligible for admission, you need to be employed in a direct patient care setting under the supervision of someone with a health care credential who evaluates your clinical practice. You also must have worked in this setting for at least 200 hours in the year prior to your application.
Note: Most of Excelsior s AS/AAS in Nursing graduates are immediately eligible to take the NCLEX-RN exam. However, graduates in some states must meet additional requirements or stipulations before becoming eligible for RN licensure.
AS/AAS in Nursing Credit Requirements
Associate in Science in Nursing
Minimum of 67 credits: 3 in written English requirement, 1 in information literacy requirement, 6 in humanities, 6 in social sciences, 9 in natural sciences, 6 in arts and sciences, 36 nursing credits. Learn more.
Associate in Applied Science in Nursing
Minimum of 67 credits: 3 in written English requirement, 1 in information literacy requirement, 6 in humanities, 6 in social sciences, 9 in natural sciences, 6 in free electives or arts and sciences, 36 nursing credits. Learn more.
Student Learning Program Outcomes
- Use a caring holistic approach to provide and advocate for safe quality care for patients and families in an environment that values the uniqueness, dignity, and diversity of patients.
- Apply the nursing process to make nursing judgments, substantiated with evidence to provide safe, quality patient care across the lifespan.
- Use principles of management and delegation to implement plans of care with members of the intraprofessional team to achieve safe, quality patient outcomes.
- Demonstrate the standards of professional nursing practice and core values within an ethical and legal framework.
- Apply principles of leadership and interprofessional collaboration to improve patient outcomes.
- Use evidence-based findings and information technology to improve the quality of care for patients.