Near or Far? Duke is closer than you think.
Duke’s Distributed Master of Engineering Management Program (d-MEMP) is an innovative distance option that integrates the flexibility of online classes with cohort-centric on-campus residencies. In two years you can earn a Master of Engineering Management degree remotely while working full-time and
- Study the same core curriculum of marketing, finance, intellectual property and business law, and management by viewing recordings of our campus classes and interacting with fellow students and faculty through email, social media, web conferencing, and instant messaging technologies.
- Focus on building expertise in commercialization, financial engineering, or operations management. with additional technical electives in innovation management, decision models, supply chain management, and product development .
- Attend three weeklong residencies on Duke’s North Carolina campus to connect with fellow distance students, campus peers, program faculty, and the larger Duke network while taking part in challenging leadership workshops emphasizing communication, creativity, and collaboration.
- Engage with a supportive cohort of like-minded professionals focused on enhancing their professional development while managing responsibilities at work and home.
Whether you complete Duke’s Master of Engineering Management Program at our North Carolina campus or via our innovative distance option, you take the same classes and earn the same degree.
Use the menu, download our brochure. or use the quick links below to learn more about the degree.
Is the Distance Option Right for Me?
The MEM’s distance option is best for students who:
- Want the same high-quality curriculum offered through our campus option but cannot interrupt their career for a full-time residential graduate program
- Are highly organized and self-motivated
- Have a supportive work environment which allows flexibility in meeting graduate requirements
- Are able to commit to three one-week on-campus residencies
- Can maintain excellence in work and educational demands simultaneously
Download Our Brochure
Interested in learning more? Join our mailing list to receive further information from our admissions office.