Create, Innovate and Solve the World’s Problems with a Dual Degree in Engineering
We offer more than just an education in engineering — we practice hands-on engineering. The Shiley-Marcos School of Engineering offers a supportive education that inspires students to innovate, create and ultimately, make a difference by practicing real-world engineering.
The Dual BS/BA Degree: A Balanced Perspective
The Dual BS/BA degree in Engineering is designed to develop thinkers and leaders who have solid technical, communication and problem-solving skills balanced with a broad perspective to make things happen locally and globally. All of our engineering programs offer:
- Close interactions with faculty that inspire true engagement
- A small class size that provides individual perspectives through collaboration with a diverse group of men and women
- An environment that allows you to actually practice engineering in the lab, garages and studios through projects that are linked to theory and tied to challenging, open-ended issues
- Strong communication skills through teamwork and the presentation of ideas and projects
- Networking opportunities through internships, industry partnerships, community involvement and events
The Common Core
All of our programs begin with a common core curriculum in the first two years, so that you can explore all departments Computer Science. Mechanical. Industrial and Systems and Electrical to determine which is right for you.
Is Engineering in Your Future?
Engineers are increasingly in demand. With a USD engineering degree, you will be prepared to take on society s challenges and opportunities in socially, ethically and professionally responsible ways.