Operations management professionals make organizations more productive by designing streamlined facilities, processes, and schedules.
Likewise, Excelsior College has been helping adult students streamline their paths to a business bachelor’s degree for more than 40 years.
The competency-based Bachelor of Science in Business (Operations Management) program provides you with an efficient, innovative way to complete your degree sooner, more affordably, and more conveniently than traditional operations management degree programs.
Competency-based education (CBE) at Excelsior allows you to earn your BS in Business through a personalized program of study that combines course-based learning, independent study, and earned external credits.
- Course-based learning refers to Excelsior’s 8 or 15-week online courses in operations management and other subjects that are directly informed by current trends in workforce development.
- Independent study options help you pursue self-paced learning with study guides and practice tests before earning credit by exam. You can also simply test out of subjects you’ve already mastered.
- Earned external credits are accrued through coursework completed at other institutions, military experience, college-level exams like CLEP and DSST, learning assessment, and workforce training and professional certifications completed before and/or during your enrollment.
Meet your degree requirements in whatever combination of options works best for you, then take the capstone in which your business and operations management skills are evaluated through a series of projects, simulations, and summative exam.
Designed in alignment with industry trends, this online business degree with operations management focus is comparable to a traditional operations management degree program, and will help you advance in your career.
Earn a business degree that’s accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education in a way that fits with your life, your budget, and your career goals.
- Take 8 or 15-week online operations management classes.
- Receive maximum credit for your previous college coursework.
- Receive academic credit for your prior military training and professional experience.
- Enjoy budget-friendly tuition and fees that help you keep your costs under control.
Get the Skills You’ll Need in Your Operations Management Career
Excelsior’s operations management classes were developed with direct input from leaders in the industry. You’ll work with experienced faculty while acquiring knowledge that translates directly into the workplace. Excelsior’s operations management concentration can help you compete more successfully on the job market and improve your earning potential.
As an Excelsior College baccalaureate-level business graduate you will be able to:
- Apply general and discipline specific concepts and methodologies to identify, analyze and solve business problems.
- Demonstrate an individual desire and commitment to remain current with and adaptive to changing business conditions through continuous learning and self-improvement.
- Demonstrate independent thinking, function effectively in team-oriented settings, and maintain a high level of performance in a professional business environment.
- Communicate effectively in a professional business environment.
- Perform ethically and professionally in business and society.
- Attain increasing levels of responsibility and leadership in one’s chosen career field.
We expect that as an Excelsior College baccalaureate business graduate you will be able to:
- Demonstrate comprehension of the principles of accounting, marketing, finance, management and economics.
- Demonstrate comprehension of the legal and social environment of business.
- Demonstrate comprehension of the global environment of business.
- Apply ethical considerations to the obligations and responsibilities of business.
- Apply business tools to real-world situations.
- Employ information literacy techniques.
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Apply business concepts and functions in an integrated manner.
120 credits required. 60 in the arts and sciences, 54 in the business component (to include a minimum of 21 at the upper level of which 9 must be in the concentration), and 6 in the additional credit component (to include the 1-credit Information Literacy requirement).
Courses classified as upper level must be junior-senior level (300 – 400) and can be classified as a business core, concentration, and/or business elective course
See the credit requirements in chart form :
Excelsior College has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE), 11374 Strang Line Rd. Lenexa, KS 66215; 913-631-3009; www.iacbe.org. The IACBE is a specialized accrediting agency recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). The business programs in the following degrees are accredited by the IACBE: Bachelor of Science in Accounting (NYS CPA track) and Bachelor of Science in Business.
IACBE Specialized Accreditation
Excelsior College has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE), 11374 Strang Line Rd. Lenexa, KS 66215; 913-631-3009; www.iacbe.org . The IACBE is a specialized accrediting agency recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). The business programs in the following degrees are accredited by the IACBE: Bachelor of Science in Business and Master of Business Administration.
Associate and Bachelor’s Programs FAQ
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, NY 12203-5159
Washington DC Center
2000 M Street NW
Washington, DC 20036